I am a post-doctoral researcher in the Perceptual User Interfaces Group led by Prof. Andreas Bulling and Computational Biophysics and Biorobotics Group led by Prof. Syn Schmitt, in the University of Stuttgart, Germany since August 2022. I obtained my Ph.D. degree in Computer Software and Theory from Peking University, China in 2022, supervised by Prof. Guoping Wang. I received my Bachelor's degree in Optical Engineering from Beijing Institute of Technology, China in 2017.
- [09.2023] Our paper was nominated for IFIP TC13 Pioneers’ Award for Best Doctoral Student Paper at INTERACT 2023.
- [08.2023] I will serve as the Virtualization Chair for ETRA 2024.
- [08.2023] One paper is accepted at UIST 2023.
- [06.2023] I will serve as an Associate Chair for MuC 2023.
- [06.2023] One paper is accepted at INTERACT 2023.
- [05.2023] I will serve as a Technical Program Committee member for iWOAR 2023.
- [10.2022] One paper is accepted at NeurIPS 2022 Workshop Gaze Meets ML.
- [08.2022] I joined the University of Stuttgart as a post-doctoral researcher.
- [07.2022] I successfully defended my Ph.D.!
My research interests include virtual reality, human-computer interaction, eye tracking, and human behaviour modelling. The long-term research goal is to build a human-aware intelligent interactive system that can accurately model human behaviours in activities of daily living. My previous research mostly focused on the modelling of human eye gaze behaviour. I am now extending my research to other human behaviours, e.g. human body motions, as well as scene-aware/context-aware behaviour modelling for daily activities.
Awards & Honors
- IFIP TC13 Pioneers’ Award for Best Doctoral Student Paper Nominees at INTERACT 2023 (top 2%), 2023
- SimTech Research Fellowship, 2022
- National Scholarship (top 2%), 2021
- TVCG Best Journal Award Nominees at IEEE VR 2021 (top 2%), 2021
- CSC (China Scholarship Council) Scholarship, 2020
- Chancellor's Scholarship (top 2%), 2020
- Leo KoGuan Scholarship (top 5%), 2019
- Leader Scholarship (top 0.2%, 7 out of over 3800 students), 2017
- National Scholarship (top 2%), 2016
- National Scholarship (top 2%), 2014
Professional Activities & Talks
- Journals: IMWUT, TiiS, T-MM, TVCG, IJHCI, MTAP
- Conferences: CVPR, ICCV, ECCV, UIST, IEEE VR, ISMAR
- Virtualization Chair for ETRA 2024
- Associate Chair for MuC 2023
- Technical Program Committee member for iWOAR 2023
- Analysis and Prediction of Human Visual Attention in Virtual Reality. Southeast University, China, Hosted by Prof. Ding Ding, June, 2022.
- Recognizing User Tasks from Eye and Head Movements in Immersive Virtual Reality. IEEE VR 2022, Hosted by Prof. Kiyoshi Kiyokawa, March, 2022.
- Forecasting Eye Fixations in Task-Oriented Virtual Environments. GAMES Webinar 2021, Hosted by Prof. Xubo Yang, September, 2021.
- Eye-Head Coordination Model for Real-time Gaze Prediction. 2019 International Conference on VR/AR and 3D Display, Hosted by Prof. Feng Xu, June 2019.
- Machine Perception and Learning, University of Stuttgart, 2022, Lecturer
- Computer Graphics, Peking University, 2018, Teaching Assistant
- Image and Video-Based 3D Reconstruction, Peking University, 2018, Teaching Assistant
- Programming Basics, Peking University, 2018, Teaching Assistant
* Corresponding author
SUPREYES: SUPer Resolution for EYES Using Implicit Neural Representation Learning
Proc. ACM Symposium on User Interface Software and Technology (UIST),
Exploring Natural Language Processing Methods for Interactive Behaviour Modelling
Proc. IFIP TC13 Conference on Human-Computer Interaction (INTERACT),
EHTask: Recognizing User Tasks from Eye and Head Movements in Immersive Virtual Reality
IEEE Transactions on Visualization and Computer Graphics (TVCG), 2023, 29(4): 1992-2004.
Intentional Head-Motion Assisted Locomotion for Reducing Cybersickness
IEEE Transactions on Visualization and Computer Graphics (TVCG),
Federated Learning for Appearance-based Gaze Estimation in the Wild
Proceedings of the NeurIPS Workshop Gaze Meets ML (NeurIPS GMML),
Research progress of user task prediction and algorithm analysis (in Chinese)
Journal of Graphics, 2021, 42(3): 367-375.
Eye Fixation Forecasting in Task-Oriented Virtual Reality
Proceedings of the 2021 IEEE Conference on Virtual Reality and 3D User Interfaces Abstracts and Workshops (VRW), 2021: 707-708.
FixationNet: Forecasting Eye Fixations in Task-Oriented Virtual Environments
IEEE Transactions on Visualization and Computer Graphics (TVCG), 2021, 27(5): 2681-2690.
Gaze Analysis and Prediction in Virtual Reality
Proceedings of the 2020 IEEE Conference on Virtual Reality and 3D User Interfaces Abstracts and Workshops (VRW), 2020: 543-544.
DGaze: CNN-Based Gaze Prediction in Dynamic Scenes
IEEE Transactions on Visualization and Computer Graphics (TVCG), 2020, 26(5): 1902-1911.
Temporal continuity of visual attention for future gaze prediction in immersive virtual reality
Virtual Reality & Intelligent Hardware (VRIH), 2020, 2(2): 142-152.
SGaze: A Data-Driven Eye-Head Coordination Model for Realtime Gaze Prediction
IEEE Transactions on Visualization and Computer Graphics (TVCG), 2019, 25(5): 2002-2010.
All blogs are written in Chinese.